What New Drivers Need To Know About Truck Drivers Pay:
• Truck Drivers either get paid over-the-road (OTR) or cents-per-mile. (CPM)
• Truck drivers that are paid-per-mile see varying wages depending on their experience, the location they work in and the company they are employed with.
• As a truck driver, there are countless perks, bonuses, and financial benefits that companies offer to drivers who meet certain goals.
What Are The Various Ways Truck Drivers Get Paid?
Hourly pay is great for local and light duty drivers while per-mile-pay is better for OTR and heavy drivers. It all comes down to what the individual needs are of each specific driver.
• The benefits of being paid-per-mile is that it’s easier to track the expected pay.
• Pay-per-mile is also the most common way that truck drivers are paid.
• Drivers who get paid-per-mile need to avoid traffic delays for them to meet their mileage goals.
• Being paid-per-mile averages out to a decent hourly wage and many companies offer bonuses for top mileage producers.
• Drivers being paid-per-mile tend to make more than both hourly or salary paid drivers.
• What keeps truck drivers in the driver’s seat is the ability to earn more per year as a paid-per-mile driver.
• Getting paid hourly is not common in the truck driving industry and has pros and cons.
• Being an hourly paid truck driver allows you to have more time at home and can stay local.
• Hourly positions will most of the time require "hands-on" unloading of the freight during deliveries
626 852 2000 951 530 1595
East Valley College was founded in 2010. We are a family business. We work towards providing quality education at the most affordable cost, and in an expedited fashion. We take pride in being among the schools providing the fastest and most affordable programs in Southern California.
- Our Courses
- Our Teacher
11081 Cherry Ave. Fontana, CA 92337
501 South Grand Ave. #310, Glendora, CA
626 852 2000 or 951 530 1595
Copyright © 2016 EAST VALLEY COLLEGE